Cloud Operations Engineer
The Cloud Operations Engineer will work as a member of the Security and Cloud Operations team and will provide Cloud infrastructure and Cloud based applications support, reporting directly to the Security and Cloud Operations Manager. The engineer is also expected to have strong background in Cloud Operations (AWS), System Administration and Networking. Security skills are a plus.
Job location: Belgrade or remote
Coordinate with our internal support and technical teams to achieve the following:
- - Maintain Customer’s Cloud Systems uptime at all times – this is the highest priority responsibility.
- - Protect the systems from data breaches at all times.
- - Monitor and improve system uptime, performance, high availability and disaster recovery readiness.
- - Identify system defects and test possible workarounds or patches before implementing them in production.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting and use of service, working with Technical Support
- Provide feedback to R&D efforts to re-architect, expand and improve SaaS offerings
- Available to work most planned monthly maintenance windows.
- Participate in emergency-only after-hours on-call rotation
- Write and maintain system documentation and operational procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Informatics, Telecommunications or related fields.
- At least 3 years experience in IT related positions.
- 1 - 2 years experience with cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure) required.
- IT certifications are a plus (AWS Certifications, Microsoft Azure Certifications, LPIC, CCNA R&S, CompTIA Certs, etc.)
- 100% Team player with strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Self motivated, with a passion for Cloud Services, IT and learning new technologies
- Advanced GNU/Linux skills is a must
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for Cloud/IT Infrastructure needed
- Ability to adhere to policies, standards and procedures related to change control and other operational best practices
- Considerable knowledge of internet protocols and implementations (DNS, FTP, HTTP, LDAP, SAML, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP, IPv4 and IPSec)
- Web server administration and support (Apache, NGINX)
- Database administration and support (Mainly MySQL)
- Network device (firewall, load balancer) administration and support
- Network and application security services such as IDS, SIEM, WAF, Vulnerability scanners is a plus.
- Chef or Puppet configuration management automation tools are a major plus.
The opportunity to be part of an international company team, with Blue Grid culture that brings on the meaning of team work and
positive environment to higher level. We offer unlimited time off with 100% paid absence and home-like environment where everyone
can find appropriate strive.